If you’ve gotten a ticket or fines recently you should seek Fleischer Law Firm’s Somerset County tickets and fines Lawyers. A speeding ticket, reckless driving charge, DWI charge, or another arrest for a New Jersey traffic offense can grow into a serious legal problem if not handled correctly. Many people think they can pay a fine and move on, only to suffer long-term consequences. Did you know pleading or being found guilty of a traffic offense in New Jersey may cost you a fine and jail time? Or loss of driving privileges? Even higher insurance premiums? If a car accident left someone else injured, you could face a lawsuit and held responsible for the accident.
Fines cost range as follows:
- Up to $500 for being an unlicensed driver or driving with an expired license
- Up to $550 for driving with a suspended license ($750 total)
- Up to $1,000 for operating a vehicle without auto liability insurance
- Over $1,000 in Fines and Surcharges for driving while intoxicated (DUI)
- Up to $500 for refusing to take a test to measure blood alcohol concentration (BAC) and Loss of License
Fees are subject to change. Click here for details.
If you are convicted of a moving violation, the N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) can add points to your driving record. Drivers who get 6 or more points within 3 years will be assessed a surcharge. Drivers who accumulate 12 or more points on their record will have their license suspended. Having points on your license will also increase your insurance rates.